Today was a really good day, at least for summer break. I got to see my girlfriend again (second time in the last week... woot), got a long-standing WikiBench todo done, and found some pretty nasty bugs in Mono's implementation of the 2.0 framework TryParse methods for integer ...
One of the things I'd been dreading implementing in WikiBench is state persistence. This is, however, very important. When the user closes the application, they should find it in the same state they left it in when they open it later.
This is a tricky one to get right ...
Quite a bit, if you're Gtk#.
I've implemented the popup user menu in WikiBench.MediaWikiIntegration, along with the extension points for other addins to insert their own menu items into the menu. They can either provide a type extension using a class that derives Gtk.MenuItem, or a ...
One of my goals during this rewriting of VandalSniper as a more general-purpose browser has been to reduce or eliminate the dependency on platform-specific glue libraries. JSCall# uses a C/C++ library to interact with the DOM, and this is just one more hurdle to be jumped over on the ...
I've been hacking on WikiBench some more. The primary addition is the recent changes pad, which you can see in the screenshot. It is a separate addin that hooks into the WikipediaChangeStream addin to provide a list of changes to the user. Clicking a row in the list will ...
I've been fiddling around with Mono.Addins and have decided that I will be rewriting VandalSniper from the ground up. I've had a lot of ideas for it that have become way too complicated to implement with the current design. VandalSniper was my first C#/Gtk# project anyway ...
My school newspaper published an article about Wikipedia. The author used me as a source, so I thought I'd share it here. I only noticed one minor factual error -- VandalSniper is used by many non-administrators too; it's not limited to admins.
No turning back now. VandalSniper revision 11 has been released on Wikipedia. In addition, I am now tracking changes to the source tree with Subversion, which is what gives each release of VandalSniper its version number. I decided to number the releases with just the Subversion repository revision to simplify ...
- Instant messaging
- Office humor
Page 1 / 1